Iedere maand een nieuwsbrief vol inspiratie, tuintips & exclusieve kortigen in tuincentra en voor webshops? Meld u dan aan voor de nieuwsbrief!
Roses in Noord Brabant
The rose is without a doubt the most popular flower in the world and is grown in all countries where the climate is favourable. With many of the more than 30,000 varieties available in the UK, choosing roses to grow in your garden can be mind-boggling. Find roses in Noord Brabant with the Garden Centre Guide.
Where to buy roses in the UK
To buy roses for your garden however, you have to find out first, where to buy roses in the UK, which in itself is a major chore. However, if you visit The Garden Centre Guide, you will see that choosing and buying roses is not too much effort after all. This is where you can pinpoint all the garden centres in Noord Brabant, see the wide varieties of roses they have to offer, and then shop to your heart’s content.
Roses named after famous people
Roses are so popular in fact, that many have been named after famous people like Audrey Hepburn, Betty White, Elizabeth Taylor, Bing Crosby, George Burns, Sir Paul McCartney, Napoleon, Abraham Lincoln, Diana, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Mary Queen of Scots and many, many more.
What varieties are available in the UK?
Some of the more common varieties of roses grown in the UK include, among many more:
• Hybrid teas
• Shrub roses
• Patio climbers
• Old fashioned shrub roses
• Modern shrub roses
• English roses
The really great thing about roses is that even if you have the tiniest of gardens or no garden at all, there are varieties that you can grow quite successfully in containers.
How to grow roses in containers
Many people are under the impression that to grow roses, you need a garden with perfect soil and drainage, but this is definitely not so. If you have a balcony, deck, terrace or patio, you can transform it into a beautiful, fragrant retreat with pots bursting with colour. Roses live quite happily for years in containers if they have what they need. The following tips will help you to grow perfect roses in containers:
• Choose the right rose. Compact, fragrant, varieties that are disease-resistant with continual blooms are best. Avoid large shrub roses or climbers.
• Choose the right container. Any container with drainage holes is ideal. Half barrels work perfectly!
• Use good potting mix. Add enriching compose to improve water-holding ability.
• Water your roses regularly. Soil should be moist but not wet.
• Feed frequently. This will encourage more blooms. First feed should be in spring with first new growth; then again each time there is a flush of blooms, usually at intervals of about 4 to 6 weeks. Stop fertilising in colder areas, about 8 weeks before the first frost.
• Prune as usual to shape, deadhead and control disease and insects.
• Re-pot your roses after every 2 to 3 years to freshen the soil.
• Root prune if you want to keep your roses small.
• Transplant into a bigger pot if the number of blooms decreases.
You too can have beautiful roses growing, whether you have a garden or not. The Garden Centre Guide is where to buy roses in the UK. Once you find the garden centres in Noord Brabant, you will be able to buy as many roses as you want from the huge variety they have to offer.